Researcher and adult educator, philosopher and consultant
Digital change is a call for creativity and human engagement. From this viewpoint, I have been researching the effects of digitalization on human beings, society and education since 2014. I search for ways to actively shape this change in a way that is beneficial to us – at school, in daily life, through research, art and dialogue. In my consultations and seminars I try to broaden people's horizon to encompass what is genuinely human, and to focus on the larger social developments. In this way, my clients and the participants in my workshops can explore their creative possibilities and dare to act boldly. As a lecturer and consultant, I create a space for students or teams in which new thoughts can grow. From there, the future can be explored and shaped.
I like to get to the bottom of things, working with contrasting and unexpected ideas, pinpointing what is essential and eliminating what is redundant.
I have been working with Linefeed as a consultant, educator and researcher since 2020. I live near Basel with my wife and our three teenage sons.
Career and Education
- Research fellow at the School of Education FHNW with the research project #LPiDW – Teachers in Digital Transformation
- 2005-2019 head of the "Forschungsstelle Kulturimpuls" research centre at the Goetheanum, Dornach
- Lecturer at the School of Education FHNW, Muttenz/Switzerland, at the Seminar for Waldorf Education, Berlin/Germany and at the Goetheanum, Dornach/Switzerland
- PhD at the University of Basel, Institute for Educational Sciences. Dissertation on ICT-Professionalization and ICT-Beliefs of teachers.
- MA in Educational Sciences (Adult Education/CPD with philosophy as teaching subject), School of Education, Freiburg i.Br./Germany
- Studies in Philosophy and Cultural History, Goetheanum, Dornach/Switzerland, University of Heidelberg/Germany